Thursday, October 7

Ashtma, part deux!

So. In an attempt to prevent my little man (and me!) from having these scary seasonal asthma attacks, I am changing our diet. Not many people realize, that asthma is very manageable if you pay attention to what you are putting in your body. Of course, this is true for a lot of things. According to the incredibly useful guide Nutritional Healing that I have at home, I should try to make sure that his diet consists mainly of the following:

Fruits
Nuts
Vegetables
Brown Rice
Whole Grains...

We should be staying away from the following:

Dairy
wheat
yeast
peanuts...

the list goes on, but those seem to be the most important ones. 

Also. There is a supplement available from Herb Pharm called Calm Breath. It contains the following herbs:
* Khella seed (Ammi visnaga) 30% * Skunk Cabbage rhizome & root (Symplocarpus foetidus) 20% * Grindelia leaf & flower (Grindelia spp.) 18% * Turmeric rhizome (Curcuma longa) 18% * Thyme leaf & flower (Thymus vulgaris) 14%

If you would like to Purchase Calm Breath, there are several websites available. It is recommended to take it two to three times daily with juice or tea. I am going to start my son on this today!!! I am very excited about it. 

So! Let the new regime begin. I will let you all know how these things help with his wheezing and schtuff. Hope all of you are well!



No comments:

Post a Comment