Wednesday, December 8

Empty Pantry Challenge

In an effort to decrease my food budget, I've recently taken up a new mindset. Before just heading to the grocery when I feel like I have nothing at home, I have challenged myself to make everything I possibly can from what I already have at home. My dish for tonight turned out really well!

Leftovers:

Taco ground beef, 1/2 pound approx. (from taco night last night)
Wide egg noodles, 1/2 bag (from Aldi's!)
Indian Korma Sauce, 1/3 jar (from Publix, international section)
Frozen Peas, 1/2 bag
Cabot Sharp White Cheddar Cheese, 1/2 cup (I just love this cheese, so always have some around)

So, what I made was:

Pasta Bake


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
  2. Boil egg noodles according to the package directions
  3. Combine the beef, peas and Korma sauce in a medium size mixing bowl.
  4. Drain noodles and add to the other ingredients. 
  5. Pour into a glass baking dish. 
  6. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top. 
  7. Bake approximately 15-20 minutes, until all ingredients are warm and delicious. 
  8. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my God- We've just started doing this, too, this week! It is fun and it makes you feel really good. Nice work. Go us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great challenge! You pulled together a great recipe here, I can't wait to see what you make as you continue this habit. The farm families that own Cabot appreciate your loyalty :)
    ~Jacquelyn

    ReplyDelete