Sunday, June 24

Someday Dreams.


...so I have this dream, where I wake up in the morning in an old, white farmhouse. I go to the kitchen to get my coffee and look outside at the rolling fields. I have a kitchen garden nearby the house, and a river running through the property. It's more of a daydream than a dream...but still. It's not my reality just yet. 

I took a drive today when I saw a bit of property for sale not very far from where I live now. It was almost 20 acres of rolling hills and fields, with a large stream...almost a small river, an old white farmhouse (needs repairs the ad said). The distance wasn't far at all, and the neighborhood looked friendly. One major problem though, the house was no more (sigh...). I don't know if it fell down, or if it'd been ripped down, or if a strong wind blew it over, but it lay there in pieces near the road. How sad. 

The land was absolutely stunning though. Breathtaking enough to make me realize that while this wasn't the land I've daydreamed about for years (with the river and the fields and the old farmhouse with the big front porch with a swing where I'm sitting drinking something cold on the hot summer days), I'm gonna start keeping my eyes peeled. You never know when that perfect place'll pop up at just the right time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment