Thursday, October 27

Leftovers!


I made a super delicious, super quick and easy casserole tonight for me and my kids. Here's what I did:

I had half of a Rotisserie Chicken leftover from a few nights ago. I pulled the remainder of the meat off and mixed it together well with 1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup, and half a bag of frozen peas. I put the mixture into a glass baking dish, and then placed frozen biscuits on the top. The casserole baked for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

It, obviously, wasn't anything complicated. More vegetables could be added easily, I was just using what I still had in the freezer. Also, fresh biscuit or cornbread dough could be substituted for the frozen biscuits that I used. But, on a tired Thursday evening, something about a quick casserole just makes me feel extra cozy. It's perfect for a night in.

Happy fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment