Sunday, September 19

Mountain Times.

The Biltmore, Asheville, NC
This is backtracking a little, but since I never got a chance to post any pictures of the trip my kiddos and I took this summer to North Carolina, I figured now would be a good time. We are really fortunate to be able to go up there quite a bit, since my parents have a little place just a short ways outside of Asheville. 
Burnsville, NC
We'd have loved to be able to stay for the whole summer. However, the need to have an income doesn't really allow that. We were able to stay there for about three weeks, though, which was absolutely amazing.

Bakersville, NC
Western North Carolina is one of my top places in the south to visit. It is stunningly beautiful with small little towns nestled at the bottom of some of the tallest peaks in the Blue Ridge Mountain range. Roadside diners, farmers markets, waterfalls, milkshakes, swimming and more swimming is all we did for days on end.

I always find it so amazing to see how clear ones head gets when you are able to get away from the stresses and pressures of everyday life for a while. Seems to me to be the best way in the world to spend time and money. About one hour into our car drive I could look into the rearview mirror, and I swear I'd see, one by one, all the tensions of our everyday lives falling off the back of the car onto the interstate. They were immediately squashed by the cars and trucks behind us. Thank you for that, trucks!


That's all the pictures for now. I'm sure more stories will come up soon. You should all try to visit as soon as you can! Fall is beautiful in the mountains. 
Fairvue,NC

No comments:

Post a Comment