Tuesday, January 4

Seeds!!!!

Ok, I have to admit that with all the reading I had to do last semester with school, I haven't had much brain energy to read during my Christmas break. The other day, though, my favorite seed catalog arrived in the mail, and I haven't wanted it to be out of my sight very long since.

I always love this time of year. Winter is really settling in (which I do love) but the hope of spring isn't too far around the corner. And with it, the possibility of new growth, pushing up from the dirt outside that's now frozen, holding remains of last year's flowers...and just a few weeds. And with the new seed catalog comes excitement, planning what to order for the next year...promising to actually plant the seeds I order for this year...reading through all the descriptions of the different varieties of tomatoes or eggplants...envisioning the yard in the early summer, full of green and growth and life.

Last spring, shortly after I planted all my seeds, I decided to put my house on the market. Shortly after that, all the spare time I had went towards focusing on the inside of my house, and my new raised beds quickly got overtaken by weeds. This year, though (now that I know I'm staying put) I am finally gonna plant that asparagus! I cannot wait!!!!

If there are any of you out there that love planning and planting, here are a few great websites to order catalogs from (Click on the name to visit their website). Or, you can just peruse online through their catalogs as well!!


Seeds of Change: my top favorite! Growers committed to organic agriculture and making high-quality organic seeds available to farmers and gardeners.


Renee's Garden: a charming catalog full of heirloom flower and vegetable seeds. I got some amazing foxglove seeds from here.

All right! Back to my reading and planning! Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment